Last Updated: February 6, 2024
2. Intellectual Property Rights. The Site, including its text, audio, video, graphics, charts, photographs, interfaces, icons, software, computer code, data, trademarks, logos, slogans, names of products and services, documentation, other components and content, and the design, selection, and arrangement of content, is exclusively the property of CVMIC or, as applicable, its suppliers and licensors, and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Any unauthorized use of any trademarks, trade dress, copyrighted materials, or any other intellectual property belonging to CVMIC or any third party is strictly prohibited and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The Site may contain references to third-party marks and copies of third-party copyrighted materials, which are the property of their respective owners. Except as expressly described in these Terms, no licenses or other rights, express or implied, are granted by CVMIC to you under any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right of CVMIC. You do not have the right to use any CVMIC intellectual property except as expressly agreed to in writing by us. Copyright © 2024 Cities and Villages Mutual Insurance Company. All rights reserved.
3. Compliance with Laws. In connection with your access to and use of the Site, you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies of all relevant jurisdictions, including all applicable rules regarding online conduct.
4. Restrictions on Your Use of the Site.
- You may download and print one copy of the Site’s visible content for your own internal use, provided you do not modify or delete any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices.
- You will not otherwise copy, reproduce, display, duplicate, sell, publish, post, license, rent, distribute, modify, translate, adapt, reverse-engineer, or create derivative works of the Site or any part of the Site without the prior written consent of CVMIC.
- You will not use the Site for unlawful purposes.
- You will not submit inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date information via the Site, commit fraud or falsify information in connection with your use of the Site, or act maliciously against the business interests or reputation of CVMIC.
- You will not engage in data mining or similar data gathering or extraction activities or retrieve data or other content from the Site for purposes of creating or compiling that content for any purpose other than your authorized use of the Site as permitted by these Terms.
- You will not access, use, or copy any portion of the Site, including any of its content, through the use of indexing agents, spiders, scrapers, bots, web crawlers, or other automated devices or mechanisms.
- You will not use the Site to post, transmit, input, upload, or otherwise provide any information or material that contains any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, logic bombs, time bombs, cancelbots, malware, ransomware, adware, or other harmful computer code or programming routines, including those designed to or that reasonably may disable, damage, impair, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate the Site or any computers, hardware, software, system, data, or networks.
- You will not engage in activities that aim to render the Site or associated services inoperable or to make their use more difficult.
- You may not frame, mirror, or circumvent the navigational structure of any part of the Site.
- You may not engage in any conduct that CVMIC considers inappropriate, unauthorized, or contrary to the intended purpose of the Site.
- You may not access or use the Site if you are under eighteen (18) years of age.
6. CVMIC Member Portal. The Site may include links to the CVMIC Member Portal. All access to and use of the CVMIC Member Portal is governed by the CVMIC Member Portal Terms of Service.
8. Offers. Any offers, including programs, materials, products, or services (for example, training materials) that may be mentioned on or made available through the Site are void there prohibited by law and subject to availability and additional terms not described in these Terms may apply. CVMIC may change the programs, materials, products, and services mentioned or available on the Site at any time without notice.
9. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. CVMIC MAKES COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT ALL MATERIAL, DATA, AND OTHER INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE AND RELIABLE, BUT NEITHER ACCURACY NOR RELIABILITY CAN BE GUARANTEED. CVMIC DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE QUALITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. CVMIC DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CONDITIONS OR COMPONENTS. CVMIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS ON THE SITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CVMIC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THOSE REGARDING AVAILABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY USE OR PURPOSE, COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY STANDARDS OR USER REQUIREMENTS, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. CVMIC HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MISDELIVERY, OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY USER COMMUNICATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE SITE IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN LOCATIONS OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES. IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE FROM LOCATIONS OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU, ALONE, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEMS, AND NETWORKS, ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY INFORMATION FROM THE SITE, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGE THAT MAY BE INCURRED. WE PROVIDE INFORMATION ON THE SITE FOR GENERAL, INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES. WHILE WE USE GOOD FAITH EFFORTS TO KEEP THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE ACCURATE, WE DO NOT GUARUNTEE THAT IT IS UP-TO-DATE, ACCURATE, OR APPLICABLE TO YOU. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CVMIC OR IN ANY MANNER FROM THE SITE CREATES ANY WARRANTY.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CVMIC OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS (TOGETHER, “CVMIC PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE INPUT OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION INTO THE SITE), WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF A CVMIC PARTY HAS EXPRESS KNOWLEDGE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE LOSS OR DAMAGE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO STOP ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT WILL CVMIC PARTIES’ LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED $100, EVEN IF THIS REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. INDEMNIFICATION. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CVMIC PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL LOSSES, CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, DEMANDS, COMPLAINTS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, JUDGMENTS, SETTLEMENTS, FINES, PENALTIES, EXPENSES, AND COSTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH (A) YOUR VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAWS, (B) YOUR MISUSE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, (C) YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS OR ANY OTHER TERMS ON THE SITE, AND (D) YOUR INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. WE RESERVE, AND YOU GRANT TO US, THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO ASSUME THE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY MATTER SUBJECT TO INDEMNIFICATION BY YOU.
13. Linking to the Site. If you operate a website and are interested in linking to the Site: (a) the link must be a text-only link unless you request a graphic badge from CVMIC, in which case you may use any graphic badge provided by CVMIC to link to the Site, and, in any case, the link must be and clearly marked; (b) the link must “point” to the URL “http://www.cvmic.com” and not to any other page; (c) the link and its use must be in connection with a website of appropriate subject matter; (d) the link and its use must not, nor have the potential to, damage or dilute the goodwill associated with CVMIC’s names and trademarks; (e) the link and its use must not create the false appearance that any program, person, or entity is associated with or sponsored by CVMIC; and (f) the link, when activated by a user, must display the Site full-screen and not within a frame. CVMIC reserves the right to revoke consent to link to the Site at any time in its sole discretion, either by amending these Terms or through other notice.
14. Feedback. CVMIC welcomes comments regarding the Site. If you submit comments or feedback to us regarding the Site, they will not be considered or treated as confidential. We may use any comments and feedback that you send us in our discretion and without attribution or compensation to you. We have no obligation to review or respond to any such feedback or comments.
15. Disputes. These Terms are governed by the laws of the state of Wisconsin, without regards for its conflict of law principles. Venue is exclusively in the state or federal courts, as applicable, located in Waukesha County, Wisconsin, with respect to any dispute arising under these Terms unless otherwise determined by CVMIC in its sole discretion. The parties expressly agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. Any cause of action or other claim with respect to the Site must be commenced within one year after the cause of action or claim arises.
16. Assignment. We may assign our rights and delegate our duties under these Terms at any time to any party without notice to you. You may not assign these Terms without our prior written consent.
18. Cooperation with Law Enforcement. CVMIC will cooperate with law enforcement if you are suspected of having violated applicable laws. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD THE CVMIC PARTIES HARMLESS FOR ANY COOPERATION WITH, OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO, LAW ENFORCEMENT RELATING TO YOUR SUSPECTED VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAWS.
19. Survival and Severability. Any provisions of these Terms that are intended to survive termination (including any provisions regarding limitation of our liability or dispute resolution) will continue in effect beyond any termination of these Terms or of your access to or use of the Site. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, void, or unenforceable, that provision will be severed from the remaining provisions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. The headings in these Terms are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of these Terms.
20. Electronic Communications. These Terms and any other documentation, agreements, notices, or communications between you and CVMIC may be provided to you electronically to the extent permissible by law. Please print or otherwise save a copy of all documentation, agreements, notices, and other communications for your reference.
21. Contact Us. Please direct any questions and concerns regarding these Terms to us at:
Cities and Villages Mutual Insurance Company
9898 W. Blue Mound Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226-4319